After speaking to the sedation nurse about details regarding Audree's MRI tomorrow, this is how I understand it will all go tomorrow morning:
We are to arrive at 7:30 and fill out some paperwork in admitting
They will then take us to the diagnostic imaging area and around 8:00 to a holding room in that area. The Pediatric Intensivist will come and visit with us regarding the procedure and answer any questions that we may have. He will then do a physical exam on Audree to make sure she is ok to go ahead with the MRI. They will get her IV done, (which I am sure will be the most pleasant experience of the whole thing), then take all of us back for the MRI at 9:00. They will take the first set of pictures for the MRI then give her an injection of dye through her IV and take the set again. The whole procedure will take about 45 minutes to an hour. They said that she will be in a deep sleep, but that it is a fast acting medication, so as soon as the stop the drip, it should only take her about 10-15 minutes to come around and get her bearings. Once that happens, they will release us to go home as long as she seems to be doing ok.
As you can imagine talking to the sedation nurse was a hard way to start my day. I was crying when I got to work because the converstaion transpired as I was driving to work today. My lack of sleep just intensified my emotions. Audree had a very rough night last night and I didn't get much sleep at all because I was up with her. Audree got a virus this weekend that only had symptoms of high fever, but after we thought we were in the clear, she developed a rash yesterday. The pediatrician wanted to take a look at her today to make sure it was all ok because it was worse today and seemed to be bothering her. That is also what caused her to have such a rough night last night and it appears that she has Roseola. She has not been contagious except for when she had the fever and that was this weekend, thankfully.
Please pray for us tomorrow. I am having a very hard time with this. I have more than just this on my plate and am about at my breaking point. It's just a hard time for me---full of decisions that I don't like to make! Please pray for peace, rest, and some good results! I will update tomorrow about the procedure, until then, we appreciate your prayers! Janna
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment