The kids had their follow up appointments today with Dr. Young. Jakob still had a little bit of pink in his canals and a little bit of swelling. He felt like it is some allergies and has put him on a nasal steroid for a month. He will go back the same day that we take Audree for her 6 month well visit. Audree had a good check up. She still has a little bit of crackling and he suggested keeping her out of the school for a couple more days. I reminded him that Audree got RSV from the only other infant in her room, (and that Dominic has taken five straight days off of work). Because Audree can't get it again and the other infant has already had it, he very certainly ok'd her to go back with no problems. She is being weaned off of her albuterol breathing treatments for the next few days and the plan is to have her off of them by this weekend.
On another note: We have been a little concerned over the last few days about her right arm. She tends to favor her left side much, much more than her right. Dr. Young said that it may just be that she if very dominant of that left side, but she kicks with her right leg and moves her head to the right fine. Her arm just kind of hangs a lot. She will grab toys with it and occassionally open it, but she tends to keep it clinched more than the left and she crosses her midline to grab things on her right side with her left hand, (like her foot). He said that the concerning part was when I said that I felt like she uses her left hand to "help" her right hand. I may be over analyzing, but he said it was better safe than sorry to make sure there is nothing neuroligcal going on. I have only seen her cross over and grab her fingers on the right side a couple of times---and it may just be coincidence that she grabbed her fingers and then kind of guided them across her body as she played with them, but I feel it's better to be sure. ECI, (Early Childhood Intervention), will be coming out to assess her. A physical therapist will do some things with her to see if there is anything to be concerned about and give us some ideas of some things that we can do to strengthen her arm. Dr. Young didn't feel like she had low tone in her arm so that was a good sign. Please pray for strength in her arm and peace of mind for us. Today being the 9th doctors visit for us has been very stressful and now we have this new worry. Thanks for praying alongside us! I will update you on her progress in the weeks to come. I hope that they will be out soon to assess her.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Will keep on prayin'!
Post a Comment